Julio Abraham - CEO - Derby City Mission
Julio came to faith in 1980 in Zimbabwe and in 1985 he felt a strong call to ministry which was followed by Seminary training. Upon graduation he was one of three ministers to a church of over 1500 people in the city of Bulawayo. Julio came to the UK as a missionary, seconded to St Andrews Church in Newham, London. He has worked with London City Mission (LCM) as well as for Scripture Union in Scotland and served at Holy Trinity Brompton as a Pastorate Leader, PCC Member, and Alpha conference speaker for over 10 years.
A strong evangelist and entrepreneur, Julio founded CJ’s Mediaworkz, a youth development outfit in Hackney, London, in 1995 during his time with LCM, which reached over 10,000 young people over a 14-year period with a core of 250 young people each month.
New Season for DCM
As we look back over the last 12 months we can see that Derby City Mission is moving into a season of expansion in the work that is taking place in the City of Derby.
One of the areas which they are focussing on is looking at how to prevent homelessness in the city. Other areas which are growing is their work into schools and also Street Pastors which DCM helps to facilitate on behalf of churches in the city.
As with any kingdom initiative prayer is key to all their plans. As part of this DCM are calling churches across Derby to times of prayer throughout the coming year. The first evening is on Sunday 19th March, 6.30pm at Broadway Baptist Church.
* For Julio Abraham and all that he has brought to DCM over the last 11 months
* For all DCM staff & volunteers
* For excellent applicants for the roles which are currently being advertised
* For those working with Nightshelter & those working to prevent homelessness
* For all the schools work being carried out and for further opportunities
* For all those who support the Street Pastors project and for new people to join this team
* For continued good communication & contacts with DCM and all those who work alongside it across the city!